Til then, we were able to play 20 Questions with author Melanie Harlow!
1. What would you order if you walked in a Starbucks?
Tall black coffee, no extra room!
2. What kind of shoes are you wearing?
Gray and white striped socks. I took my snow boots off at the door after taking the kids to school!
3. What is your most treasured possession?
I have a lot of old photos and letters passed down from my great-grandparents and grandparents. Irreplaceable, so they are very special to me.
4. What is on your nightstand right now?
A candle, my Kindle, and a giant cup of water with a straw.
5. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living, dead or imaginary), who would it be?
6. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
Oh dear. I have no idea!
7. What impression do you make when people first meet you?
Let me ask someone. Hold please.
Me: Help. I’m doing an author interview for the tour and just got this question. Can one of you answer it? “What impression do you make when people first meet you?”
Sierra Simone: Hmm. Probably that you’re super hot. [wink emoticon] I would say friendly, intelligent, very slightly reserved.
Laurelin Paige: ^^^^^^ Also a little neurotic.
Me: Hahahahaha I love you guys
Laurelin: I’d love it if you add the hot part.
There. Just for you, L.
8. Favorite color?
I really love green, but blue is beautiful too.
9. If you had a free day with no responsibilities, what would you do?
Drink coffee. Read books. Ignore my phone and inbox.
10. Favorite place you have traveled?
Wow, that’s tough! I’ll say the Loire Valley in France, but I really love Florence, Italy too.
11. What do you like best about yourself?
I am kind. I have nice manners. I can laugh at myself.
12. What do you like least about yourself?
I am impatient, neurotic, and self-centered.
13. Favorite genre of music?
Anything I can put on my running mix that’s upbeat and fun.
14. Favorite subject in school?
English and History. I can’t choose.
15. Righty or Lefty?
16. Biggest Pet Peeve?
When people are mean or insensitive to others, in person or on the Internet. I dislike it when people try to excuse rudeness by saying they’re just being “honest” or have a right to express their opinion. Being an asshole is not a right.
17. What makes you laugh out loud?
Lots of things! I’m especially amused by lists on Buzzfeed like this one: http://bzfd.it/1vfusZW
I also laugh hysterically at Eddie Izzard’s Dress to Kill videos, the Chappelle Show, Louis C.K., and the fake book covers on this Tumblr site: http://liartownusa.tumblr.com/
18. What would your last meal be if you were on Death Row?
Pizza. With Bacon on it. And a salad with avocado in it. A gin martini.
19. Have any pets?
A Netherland Dwarf rabbit named Peaches.
20. Do you keep a diary or journal?
I used to but haven’t in years.