20 Questions with Eve Collins,
heroine of The Revolution Series
1. What would you order if you walked in a Starbucks?
I love that this interview begins with this question. A grande java chip, no whip, extra shot of espresso.
2. What kind of shoes are you wearing?
My favorite pair of boots, Frye’s Shirley Shield tall boot in fawn. They were a huge splurge but I love them and wear them almost daily so I guess they’ve paid for themselves.
3. What is your most treasured possession?
Last year for Christmas, Asher gave me this silver necklace of a feather lying on it’s side. I love it, not only because he gave it to me, but because my guardian, Elizabeth, made it.
4. What is on your nightstand right now?
A lamp, my coconut-vanilla lip gloss, my daggers, and a photo of Elizabeth and I paddle boarding.
5. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living, dead or imaginary), who would it be?
Cleopatra because she was only 17 when she took the throne, a year younger than I am and she became incredibly powerful. I love that she’s known for her beauty, charm, intelligence and willpower. It would be so amazing to pick her brain.
7. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.
8. What impression do you make when people first meet you?
I’m not sure. I think most people would say I’m plain, girl-next-door-normal, nothing special. Perhaps even a bit standoffish.
I’m surprisingly shy and get tongue twisted pretty easily when you ruffle my feathers.
8. Favorite color?
Recently I’ve come to love black.
9. If you had a free day with no responsibilities, what would you do?
Bask in freedom. I would take Asher and we’d go to the movies, eat a hot dog, and maybe take a nap in freshly cut grass, under the warmth of the sun. I would just be, you know?
10. Favorite place you have traveled?
London. Of course.
11. What do you like best about yourself?
12. What do you like least about yourself?
My stubborness (laughs).
13. Favorite genre of music?
Folk, Rock Music like Mumford and Sons.
14. Favorite subject in school?
15. Righty or Lefty?
16. Biggest Pet Peeve?
Not being heard or taken seriously. I also hate goblins.
17. What makes you laugh out loud?
Callan’s aprons, I mean truly.
18. What would your last meal be if you were on Death Row?
Authentic Mexican nachos with tons of guacamole and fresh pico de gallo. Oh and maybe carne asada crispy tacos with sour cream. Can I have a margarita if I’m on death row? If so, a few of those, too.
19. Have any pets?
Does a shape-shifting panther count?
20. Do you keep a diary or journal?
Thank you so much for having me today, it’s been a lot of fun.