A boy from the wrong side of the tracks, covered in ink and crooning in a bar is the last person a straight laced girl with a art major should fall for, but his rough edges made her jagged, alive, shaving away the coddled southern princess and revealing a soul wild and brilliant.
They fell in love, despite her family and his past and all the reasons why it wouldn’t work–and with their best friends, they made a life. Everyone was supposed to live happily ever after.
They, more than anyone, knows that life doesn’t go according to plan.
Rike and Peyton fell in love in college. A boy with a guitar, and a poet’s heart, and a girl with freckles dusted over her nose, a perfect fucking fairy tale.
But what happens when the fairy tale doesn’t fall apart–but is forgotten?
- Corny jokes are kinda their thing.
- Rike grew up in Knoxville. Peyton grew up in a small town called Sweetwater.
- She would describe herself as shy and didn’t have many friends in high school or before Lindsay became her roommate.
- When Rike was seventeen, he designed a tattoo for Scott—a full back piece of interlocking gears and clockwork.
- A talented musician, Rike plays mostly because it makes Scott happy.
- Peyton was writing poetry when she met Rike.
- She doesn’t have a good relationship with her family, and Rike feels like it’s his responsibility to buffer her from their toxic influence on her life.
- Sometimes, Peyton feels guilty—because Rike grew up in the system, and she doesn’t have a healthy relationship with her family, she can’t provide that for him.
- Both are happy with each other and the family they chose in Scott and Lindsay.
- Despite being with a tattoo artist, Peyton has never been inked.
Blog – http://www.nazarea-andrews.blogspot.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/NazareaAndrews
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nazarea-Andrews/43623123516
Street Team – https://www.facebook.com/groups/427502530700422/
Newsletter – http://eepurl.com/MtHwj