- Charli: “Is that a mirror in your pocket because I can see me in your pocket…no, wait that came out wrong.”
- Charli: “I’m not wearing any socks. I have the bra to match. Or wait…was it underwear? Dang it let me ask Lonna…”
Luke: “Charli, Stop…”
- Charli: “No, Really. I remember it was something about beaver and wood…maybe a beaver eating wood? That doesn’t make sense, does it? Let me ask Lonna
Luke: “they call it a beaver because I’m dyin’ for wood”
Charli: …”Does ‘beaver’ mean something other than the cute woodland animal? Should I ask Lonna?”
- Luke: “You’re just so dang cute sometimes. Why don’t ya ask your dumb blonde friend if my face would look better with you sittin’ on it.”
Charli: “Oh my god, you’re taking over my pick up lines. Don’t. This was my thing. I can do this. Stay out of it.”
- Charli: “If I told you I worked for the USPS would you let me apply your postage.”
Luke: “Yeah, No. It’s take my package, baby girl, you say you wanna take my package.”
- Charli: “You’ll do!”
Luke: “There you go bein’ adorable again”
- Charli: “I lost my teddy bear can I sleep with you tonight?”
Luke: “I kinda feel like you was actually tryin’ to be cute there…”
- Charli: “Did you know that ‘quickie’ puts U and I together?”
Luke: “About being cute…”
- Charli: “Don’t let this go to your head, but do you want some?”
Luke: “What happened to not knowing how to throw one of these together?”
- Charli: “Are you a candle? Because your wax is…no wait, it’s something about blowing…”
Luke: “Annnd, you’re back.”
About A Shot of Bourbon
Seventeen year old Charli Valentine didn’t expect to spend the last few weeks of summer break nursing a broken heart, icing a black eye, and watching her ex kiss another girl. Since being a good girl has gotten her nothing but heartache, Charli decides to give rebellion a try. She pigs out, drinks, and hangs with Luke Parker, the son of the infamous Bourbon Butcher.
But there’s more to Luke than meets the eye. His tough exterior and terrible dialect hide a good person despite his bad boy reputation. No matter how hard he tries to fight it, Luke is drawn to Charli’s innocence and finds her clumsiness too charming to resist. Though they’re from opposite sides of the tracks, neither can resist the magnetism drawing them together.
When Charli discovers a box in her mother’s closet, she pieces together the truth about Bourbon’s past and uncovers a deadly secret about her family. And once Luke learns of it, he vows to protect Charli no matter the cost.
Author of the Bourbon series, A. C. Land has been a lover of stories since she first read about Peter Pan giving Wendy an acorn and teaching her to fly. She always dreamed of telling big stories about small towns.
Residing on a cattle farm in Missouri, A. C. loves playing with her rambunctious Jack Russell, Riley, making decorative cakes, taking pictures, drinking pumpkin spice coffee, and hanging out with her nephews.