Top Ten Songs on the RTN Playlist
- At home – Crystal Fighters – I felt that this song was about being close to someone, being a best friend. There are lots of mentions of memories which both D and Z think about during their story. Plus, it has a happy/weird vibe.
- Stronger than that – Bahamas – This is about someone realizing the strength In someone else. I think that Dan does that in this story.
- A Million Years – Alexander – A simple, honest account of being in love with someone, of being surprised by the one who steals your heart. It’s quiet yet heartfelt and I want D and Z to dance to it one day.
- Lonesome Street – Blur – This song represents both Dan and Zelda rejecting their feelings for each other. They want to tell themselves that they’re okay without each other… But they’re not.
- Ed Sheeran – Wake me up – Both D and Z think about the little things and this song makes the little things important.
- Gangsta – Tune-yards – This is one of those songs I can totally see Dan listening to as he rolls up to school or The Phoenix. He has such an ego. And of course, Zelda knocks that ego out of him.
- Shorty don’t wait – A Great Big World – Great vocals, great message. This is Zelda’s theme song. She’s not going to wait, she’s not going to accept defeat. She’s ready to take on the world. Also, it sounds very New Orleans and my husband likes it a lot.
- Smile – Mikky Ekko – A song about embracing the world. It’s about forgetting and forgiving.
- Buttons – The Weeks – This song is about what they had and how good it could be. It’s about looking back and realizing how things could be good.
- Fire Away – Jon McLaughlin – This is the finale song. “Fire away,” he says. He wants to be hit, he wants to be torn apart.
On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader—perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl’s body isn’t just unknown, it’s anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.
Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.
Entangled Page: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/the-summer-i-became-a-nerd/
Author: Leah Rae Miller
Release Date: Apr. 5, 2016
Genre: YA Romantic Comedy
Dan Garrett has become exactly what he hates—popular. Until recently, he was just another live-action role-playing nerd on the lowest rung of the social ladder. Cue a massive growth spurt and an uncanny skill at taking three-point shots in basketball and voilà…Mr. Popular. It’s definitely weird.
And the biggest drawback? Going from high school zero to basketball hero cost Dan the secret girl of his dorky dreams.
A band geek with an eclectic fashion sense, Zelda Potts’s “coolness” stat is about minus forty-two. Dan turning his back on her and the rest of nerd-dom was brutal enough, but when he humiliates her at school, Zelda decides it’s time for a little revenge—dork style. Never mind that she used to have a crush on him. Never mind that her plan could backfire big time.
It’s time to roll the dice…and hope like freakin’ hell she doesn’t lose her heart in the process.
Goodreads Book Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25664525-romancing-the-nerd
Amazon Buy Link: http://www.amazon.com/Romancing-Nerd-Leah-Rae-Miller/dp/1633752259
Barnes & Noble Buy Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/romancing-the-nerd-leah-rae-miller/1121817847
iBooks Buy Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/romancing-the-nerd/id1014013680
Kobo Buy Link: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/romancing-the-nerd
Entangled Page: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/romancing-the-nerd/
About the Author:
Mother, wife, and YA author living on a windy hill in Louisiana. I love fuzzy socks, comic books, cherry coke, and brand new office supplies. THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD released Summer 2013 and ROMANCING THE NERD released in Spring 2016 from Entangled Teen.
Author Website: leahraemiller.com
Author Twitter: @LeahR_Miller
Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeahRaeMillerAuthor/
Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6152396.Leah_Rae_Miller