Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Author Kim Baccellia

Crossed Out (Book 1 Crossed Series) by Kim Baccellia

Published May 17th, 2010

Genre: YA/Paranormal/Fantasy

Add it to Goodreads

Following the light can’t be that hard, right? So why don’t the dead just do it and leave Stephanie Stewart alone? However nothing is ever as simple as it should be, as Stephanie learns when her hidden ‘gift’ becomes more than a nuisance, quickly turning into a liability. If she can’t learn to trust someone with her secret, the world as she knows it will go to hell. Literally. But if she doesn’t choose wisely, she might just end up learning firsthand how hard it is to follow that light. Because she’s next on the list to be crossed out.

Selective focus

Crossed Fire (Book 2 Crossed Series) by Kim Baccellia
Published December 18th, 2017
Genre: YA/Paranormal/Fantasy
Stephanie Stewart is a typical sixteen-year-old girl—she loves hanging out with her friends, going to concerts, and sipping mocha lattes. Yup. Just your average teenager . . . Except for one difference—she can see and talk to the dead. In fact, Stephanie helps dead girls who who’ve been murdered or killed, cross over. Just as Stephanie is getting used to her unique “gift”, her mom stumbles into some dangerous witchcraft that backfires and triggers similar abilities in Stephanie’s best friend Cura, and nemesis Hillary.

Stephanie already has enough trouble trying to maintain a “normal” life between school and her cute boyfriend Dylan, who happens to have a supernatural talent all his own. But now she has to help her friend Cura and her “frenemy” Hillary cope with their new-found powers as well as cross over two murdered cheerleaders and battle an evil demon who wants to use Stephanie’s supernatural strengths as a free pass to The Other Side. And she needs to do it all while still getting her term papers in on time. She’s definitely going to need an extra-large mocha latte for this.

Win an ebook of Crossed Out and a print copy of Crossed Fire plus some swag; US only
Click Here to Enter: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Kim Baccellia has always been a sucker for the paranormal. She blames it on her families’ love for such things as having picnics at cemeteries, visiting psychics, and reading her mother’s copies of the daily horoscope. In middle school, Kim wrote a horoscope column for the school newspaper. It was a huge hit!

A member of RWA, Kim is currently putting the finishing touches on a YA multicultural thriller. She lives in Southern California with her husband and son.

Her website: http://www.kim-baccellia.com

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About the Author

1. When I was six years old, my mother entered me in the San Francisco Chronicle’s Junior Art Championship. I won honorable mention. I thought it was really cool as they sent me the ‘key’ to the San Francisco zoo, which was shaped like an elephant. **I don’t have that key anymore, but I wonder if I still have lifetime membership to that zoo.

1. I had a pen pal in England that I wrote to when I was in high school. Her name was Cheryl and she lived in Wolverhampton, England. We both were madly in love with David Cassidy. Cheryl’s the first to the right in this photo.

1. My first concert was at a Jackson Browne concert. It was billed to benefit an alliance against nuclear power.

1. I’ve always been an activist. When I was a teen and young adult, I marched at numerous rallies held at the California state capital. These rallies included marching for anti-nuclear power to ERA-Equal Rights Amendment. My first major was pre-law as I wanted to continue my activism.
  2. In high school, I was a ‘closet’ Star Trek junkie. I had a huge crush on Dr. Spock. I wrote lots of fan fiction based on this series! This clipping is from Seventeen magazine.

1. I wrote for my high school newspaper. Luther Burbank Banner.

1. In my bilingual first grade classroom, I had ‘writer’s workshop’, where my first graders would write and publish their stories in both English and Spanish. We kept the books in our class library and students would check each other’s books out. My husband designed software where students would share their books and parents could follow along online. This was a HUGE hit. My class was mentioned in the S. Whittier, Ca newspaper on this.
  2. I don’t care for milk chocolate.
  3. I sewed most of my clothes in high school. One pair of my homemade jeans were featured on the high school bulletin board. I made this blouse that I wore for my high school junior class photos.

1. Baccellia is the ‘Americanized’ spelling of my name. The correct Italian spelling is Baccelli.
Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Author Kim Baccellia

1. Pingback: Blog Tour: Crossed Fire (Book 2 Crossed Series) by Kim Baccellia - YA Reads Blog Tours